What a dream weekend this was. We were delighted to be chosen by Tanya and Kerry to be the caterers and planners for their wedding day and their post wedding day party.
We have to say a huge thank you to Aimee K Wedding Photography for her excellent coverage of the wedding day, and for letting us use some of her lovely images.
Tanya and Kerry’s wedding day was absolutely wonderful. Whilst they got ready in the Finca Son Simo, their guests arrived and were greeted by us with a Pimms stand, water, lemonade and nibbles in cones for the kids.
Their emotional and touching ceremony was at 4pm in the garden of the finca. Watched by forty of their family and friends the couple exchanged their vows before leading their guests to the reception. They started their afternoon with celebratory Hibiscus Flower Cava cocktails. The open bar kept the wine, beer, cava, water, soft drinks and juices flowing as their guests offered their congratulations. Tanya and Kerry selected these delicious canape options which their guests enjoyed whilst they slipped away to have their wedding portraits with Aimee.
- Smoked Salmon Blini with Horseradish Cream Cheese & Chives
- Cherry Tomato & Mozzarella Skewers with Fresh Basil & Balsamic Glaze
- Mini Minted Lamb Burgers, Feta Cheese & Black Olive
- Indonesian Chicken Satay with Spicy Coconut & Peanut Sauce
- Salt Crusted Mini Baked Potato with Smoked Bacon & Gruyere Filling
After the bridal and group photos the wedding party was seated at 6pm for an evening meal which began with water and wine service to each table. Local bread, olives and a traditional “Alioil”, similar to a garlic mayonnaise, were placed on each table before the food service began. Tanya and Kerry chose to have a meat and fish grilled to order with salad and side dishes as accompaniments.
They dined on
- Tandoori yoghurt-marinated chicken breast kebabs with a fresh mint and cucumber raita
- Teriyaki salmon
- Galician ribeye steak brushed with garlic and fresh thyme
- Mixed green salad with tomatoes and cucumber, with vinaigrette
- Bacon, mushroom and mustard mayonnaise potato salad
- Asian salad with sesame oil and bean sprouts
- Sweetcorn, tomato, red onion and coriander salad.
- Classic coleslaw
After a beautiful speech from Kerry their dessert was served as a trio on alternate white and cream plates. The couple chose to serve
- Banoffee pie
- Fresh summer strawberry and cream tartlet
- Chocolate brownie
Then the cava glasses were charged again for the final speech of the evening, the best man’s speech, which was a triumph!
Shortly afterwards the newlyweds had their first dance and the party really began! The bar, now stocked with Absolute, Gordons, Pink Gin, Spiced Rum, Whisky and Tequila plus mixers was busy and the evening rolled into the following day!
It was fortunate that Kerry and Tanya had chosen for Delicioso to cater for the “Post Wedding Day” party as we were in situ with a hangover friendly carb loaded buffet and paella the following day which helped to nurse a few of the more enthusiastic party goers back to health!
Thank you to Tanya and Kerry, it was an absolute honour for us to be part of your celebrations and we wish you and your families the very best for the future. We hope to see you in Mallorca again soon.
Catering and wedding planning: https://www.deli-delicioso.com
Wedding photographer: https://www.aimeek-photography.com
Music and DJ: https://www.velvetmusic.tv